ss_blog_claim=2a73d0ceee2d479276a62b81f8632ee7

Friday, October 5, 2007

Reflection Part 2 [Lessons Learned]

My obsession with online writing does not only include me, it extends to nearly everyone and everything. What I mean here, is that I truly enjoy online reading as well. I love to read and write online. The internet is something I hold close to my heart. I am a bit of an addict but I am in no position to quit now. Last night I was reading my subscriptions on xanga. The day before that I was reading someone's general interests section. Each affected me. They each offered me first hand advice. I believe all advice is valuable but first hand being the most valuable.


So here now I want to present you all with my very own first hand advice. I am in no ways to be thought of as a wise man or woman. No, I am just a regular person, for that reason this advice might be of use to you. What one person has lived another can learn from. Also I am just a completely nostalgic person and I cannot resist a chance to reminisce.

First,

Sharing a bedroom isn't all that bad. Especially when you are little. When I was growing up, it wasn't until I was in the sixth grade that I got my own bedroom. Although I saw that as a luxury is wasn't of much use. My sister had her room and I had mine, but at night we would both be asleep in one bed. I guess it was just a comfort thing. If you grow up having someone beside you always, it makes it harder to sleep alone. To everyone I suggest that it is good to share a bedroom with a sibling. It builds a stronger bond.

The sibling bond is a necessary one. To everyone whom has siblings it is vital to have a good relationship with them. I cannot imagine life without mine. So if things aren't so good between you and your siblings then I suggest you patch things up, because they link you forever to your past and no one will ever understand you as much as them.

Do not do anything you are ashamed of. I honestly make this one of my rules to live by. I have such disdain for someone who participates in behaviors that they are ashamed off. I suggest not doing that particular action or not being ashamed of it. This is just hypocritical and doesn't help anyone.

Watch people. People are the most interesting thing about life. Sometimes I believe the very reason we live is just to watch, listen, and interact with one another. I have learned so many things by just being the audience.

Don't ever let fear stop you. So much of what we do is based off of our fears, but don't let it ever stop you. Find out why you are scared of it and use your fear as full.

You are not your parents. Whatever your parents accomplished is not from your effort and neither are their mistakes. All you can do is to watch and learn from them and hopefully be a better person because of the way they raised you.

Never party three nights in a row. There is really no need for this, but once won't hurt.

Size doesn't matter. I mean this in the sense that so many people have an resolved issue with certain sized human beings. Size isn't what matters. It is a person's outlook. I am one of the shortest people that I know but I am also one of the tallest in my perspective. Size does not matter at all.

Be passionate. It is difficult to connect with someone when they do not know what, if any, that they love. Passion is something everyone should have, for someone or something.

One is enough. One might be a lonely number but it just takes one to get things moving and changed. If you find something in your life to be undesirable, it is your duty to do something about it. Complaining does nothing. One is enough to get the show on the road.

Television is not truth. Do not take anything you see on television to be 100% factual. The media is so one sided and biased, you have no idea what you are not seeing. Do your best to research and find out. If you truly care about the world; read, write, listen, and advocate.

You must find God yourself. Nothing anyone else says or does will lead you to truth the way finding God for yourself will.

Take your camera everywhere. A friend once told me that pictures idealize everything. She is so wise. If the image is something you relate to or experience it becomes valuable to you. So take picture of your life and save them. Keep a memory box and go through it ever once in a while when you are down. Recovering memories is such an intense and awesome feeling.

Keep an open mind. In every aspect of life, whether it be towards different people or different music or movies. It will allow you to experience a richer life with more interesting details.

Keep secrets and inside jokes. It is just neat to have something that only you and a few other people know. It makes your relationship with that person special and more valuable. Keep secretes and inside jokes but do not gossip.

Kids are the best teachers. It is said that when one teaches two learn. During my experience with the park program I learned this to be very true. You can learn so much from children. You will wish you were still a kid. There is so much innocence that is lost of over the years, but so much wisdom is gained. The life we live in, is give and take.

Make friends with people who share the same values as you. Smoke with them, drink with them, have babies with them, eat ice cream with them in the middle of the road, get illnesses with them, steal cream cheese with them, run up stair as obnoxiously as you can with them, spend entire weekends with them, discuss the meaning of life with them, laugh till you cry with them, drink coffee with them, volunteer with them, work with them, listen to music with them, travel with them, live and die with them. True friends are hard to find but once you find them they stick, they stick.

Always do what feels right, do not hold regrets or grudges and make the best of what is too come. Remember this life is only temporary. There is much more for your eyes to see. Travel. Sing. Dance. Write. Read. Act. Play. Have Fun, Make Love, and Share your lessons learned.

No comments: