ss_blog_claim=2a73d0ceee2d479276a62b81f8632ee7

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

call my name

no one knows
they can only guess
and all of my tricks
have been in a bag
for far to long
and I let them out
and look what I get
nothing is going to change
and if my memory serves me right
this is exactly what it feels like
and I have no words
for once
I am speechless
I am feeling all my confidence shaken
all by the ones that care
and sometimes the ones that bother
I miss the easy
but I love the gain
the addition of meaning
the intensity of pain
but no body knows
they can only guess
and I wish you would call
I wish you would say
alexis, it's okay.
cause all this time
I've had my sunny side up
but I can see that now
and forever more
I have lost the view
I have lost the dream
you did this
alexis, you did this to me.
and you can call my name
and I'd be walking your way
cause I learn the ends
and I learn the outs
and this all takes time
sometimes I think too much
sometimes my love is not enough
sometimes I am all gone
I need a cup to fill me up
and I wish you would call
and I wish you would say
alexis, it's going to be okay.

/alexis snider

No comments: