ss_blog_claim=2a73d0ceee2d479276a62b81f8632ee7

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ode to the Sun

all the good things that bring me peace of mind
and a happy heart
I thank the lord I've come this far
that I have breathed this long
that I have seen this many suns
I thank the lord that I've known so many souls
and each one is particularly magnificent in their own peculiar way
and I start to feel such a warm and fuzzy feeling
just knowing they existed and I was a piece of their lives
thoughts like this keep me sane
they keep me shiny
they keep me clean
I keep focused and I keep living locally
I keep enjoying ever moment every minute
cause sometimes as it turns out memories are all you've got
then you'll turn around and see that each new day is something special
each new day is such a miracle
something magical in the first breath
in the first step
in the first strokes
in the first time
something magical in a new day
so I start to sense a power in just being alive
and I start to feel like everything is surrounding me
like a huge embrace of sweet cotton candy hugs
this imagery is so childish
but I could not imagine this
much joy or satisfaction for life
and living then
but I can see it now
I can feel it all
bright
I can feel it all
sunny
I can feel it all
clean
and new
what a feeling the morning brings me
but it isn't just the morning
it is the evening too
and the afternoon
and all times of the day I seem to enjoy
the very act of existing
the sun is such a eye awakening thing
but it also refreshes the soul
I thank the lord
that I've come this far
that I've seen this many suns.
and this is my ode to the sun
for each morning it wakes me
and brightens my world
at seven a.m. I seem to rise
and with a smile
I feel the purity of the morning
and this is my ode to the sun
when it rises and when it sets
it is a spectacular promise
from the lord
oh lord how I thank you
that I have seen this many suns.

No comments: