ss_blog_claim=2a73d0ceee2d479276a62b81f8632ee7

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Scenes Part One

The following are ten movie scenes that have altered my being as a person in someway or another. perhaps the scene has made me view life from a different perspective or perhaps it has given me a little bit of hope or laughter even still these scenes have changed me. I want you all to at least have a glance at them.

me you and everybody we know






I find this film but especially this opening scene to have a rare quality. The quality being that it truly captures life and how strange and beautiful it truly is. I think about how these words are so powerful and meaningful to me. They have ensured a divine change within me. One that seeks to love each and every aspect of my existence.

the royal tenenbaums






Everything about this movie is magnificent. This scene is the best and the most beautiful. It demonstrates the idea that you truly cannot change who you love. It is a terribly bittersweet thing. This is life. And Ruby Tuesday starts in the background, and margot says, "I think we’re just gona have to be secretly in love and leave it at that Richie", it is truly spectacular in the most unusual sense.

everything is illuminated







As far as I am concerned this films title truly captures it. I love the way he Alex describes his admiration of America and Michael Jackson. It is absolutely premium. If you watch this film you will go through nearly every emotion it is guaranteed.

I heart huckabees






mark wahlberg is fantastic in this movie, his entire confusion over what matters and what doesn’t and whether or not everything is connected. It is a true struggle I am sure most human beings go through. I love this film. I love existentialism and putting it so hilariously into a film. "Don’t stop asking questions baby". "We need to sit down and talk cause this book is making a lot of sense to me". Plus I love Dustin Hoffman and especially his hair in this movie.

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind






the ending of the film, it is of course so beautiful and so ideal. I truly think every relationship is give and take, it must be, nothing is perfect, and that is life and that is real and wonderful.

garden state






"it’s life, if nothing else it’s life and sometimes it fucking hurts but it’s sort of all we have". garden state was a movement for me. i feel in love with zach braff and natalie portman as a pair. it was just so perfect, so cooky, and so meant to be. garden state is a great movie for so many reasons. I like this scene so much because of the raw feelings that it seems to capture and of course the chemistry and the quote.

running with scissors






to me this scene says so much about doing whatever you need to feel complete or free. it is really a neat look at how phyiscial our emotions can be at times. it is like finding a physical cure to any terrible emotive state, especially the feeling of being trapped. I adore this movie. it is even more amazing that it is all true.

art school confidencial






this scene is so funny and true at times. I am sure one could see this happening in almost any subject. art is so subjective it is difficult to be objective it is just so hilarious the way they critique the work.

trainspotting






best opening scene of any film hands down. choose life. it is absolutely extraordinary, a drug addict giving advice, preaching choose life and not drugs, choose life instead of having to run away like me...right now. Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good
health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your
friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.
Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing
game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pushing your last in a miserable
home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.
Choose your future.
Choose life.
Great advice!

the science of sleep






I love this movie is is visually stunning and just adoreable. it is cute and interesting. I love this scene because it is supossed to be about someone’s dreams and where they come from.

there are more movies and scenes of course that I could add to this list, but as for now, this will do.

enjoy your day.


No comments: